The Mediterranean in the very centre of Marianske Lazne. The Medité Restaurant and Tapas Bar combines the Italian and Spanish cuisines, assuming the task to create the atmosphere of a balmy summer’s evening somewhere in the Mediterranean. Thanks to its high-end cooking, absolutely fresh and authentic ingredients and their unforgettable tapas, Medité was awarded by the Grand Restaurant gastronomical guide.
The menu is updated every six months and enriched regularly with meals comprising seasonal ingredients.
You will 100% enjoy:
- Cocido Madrileno (traditional broth made of meat, chickpeas, and vegetables from the Castilla y León Region)
- Paella mixta min. for two persons
- Scalopini from Iberian pork shoulder seasoned with aubergine purée, potato straws, and vinaigrette made of 12 years old
- Balsamico from the Jerez Tegion
- Crema Catalana
What is tapas?
Tapas is the method of combining small portions of warm and cold meals, starting from simple olive preparations and ending with unbelievable creations from meat, meatless food, and sea delicacies.
However, it is not just about food. In the spirit of the Mediterranean culture where dinner is often a social event, tapas are rarely eaten alone. Along with the unique gastronomic experience, there is also the relaxed atmosphere of an evening spent with your friends when everybody drinks a good wine, talks over one another and finds it difficult to leave for home. For all this, tapas provide a perfect setup.
A few examples:
- Tapenade from black olives, dried tomatoes, and fresh parsley
- Alboronia (Andalusian ratatouille from squash, peppers, and aubergines)
- Lomo Iberico (Spanish smoked meat)
- Pulpo a la gallega (traditionally prepared Galician style octopus)
- Angulas al ajillo (roast small eels with shrimps, garlic, chilli, and fresh parsley)
- Baked blood sausage wrapped in Jamon Serrano with onion confit
- Cocido Madrileno (confetted beef round in broth with vegetables)
Food is not the only strength of the restaurant. To make the gastronomical experience perfect, the offer includes a variety of brilliant wines from Italy, Spain, Austria, and Moravia. The waiting staff will gladly assist with your selection, so that you can rest assured that all tastes will mingle with absolute perfection. Feel free to enjoy your wine until late evening hours.
Medité is a non-smoking venue, parking spaces are right next to the restaurant. Accommodation can be provided for as a matter of course. For more information on the restaurant and the complete menu, please see the official Medité website.